GST Registration KochI
GST in Kerala,Kochi - GST Consultants
1. What is the meaning of GST?
The introduction of the GST bill is one of the biggest tax reforms in India. The GST (Goods and services tax) will simplify the current system of taxation. As the name suggests the GST is a tax levied when a consumer buys a good or service, it is a consumer based tax. GST will enable broadening of the tax base, which will further result in reduction in effective rate of tax.
2. Which other taxes will be replaced by GST?
Central Excise duty
Additional duties of excise
Excise duty levied under Medicinal & Toiletries Preparation Act
Additional duties of Customs (CVD & SAD)
Surcharges & Cess
State VAT / Sales Tax
Central Sales Tax
Entertainment Tax (not levied by the local bodies)
Entry Tax (All forms)
Taxes on lottery, betting & gambling
Surcharges & Cess
3. All goods or services likely to be covered under GST except :
1. Alcohol for human consumption - State Excise plus VAT
2. Electricity - Electricity Duty
3. Real Estate - Stamp Duty plus Property Taxes
4. Petroleum Products (to be brought under GST from date to be notified on
Recommendation of GST Council)
4. Tobacco Products under GST with Central Excise duty.
5. Following are the stages of the GST implementation process (What we will do as Business consultants at Pearl)
Step1: Meet our consultant to discuss about your company and we will propose the customized GST Impact Analysis Approach.
Step2: We will conduct an interview with the concerned person of your organisation and complete Business Review Questionnaires.
Step3: Our consultant analyses and reviews the Business Review Questionnaires (BRQ).
Step4: Our consultant prepares GST Impact Advisory Report on GST impact assessment, implications and actions required.
Step5: Organize GST training for management and staff.
Step6: GST registration and post implementation support.
6. E-Registration under GST
The E- Government has already initiated the process of collecting data of the existing registered dealers Under the VAT, Excise and Service tax laws so as to auto register the Assessee under the GST law Without any further compliance. The key features of the registration process for the new dealers under GST would be as follows:
• A simple PAN based registration procedure
• A GST identification number a 15 digit common identification number (GSTIN) will be allotted to the applicant.
• Deemed registration in case no query is raised within 3 days
• Verification may be initiated post registration by the department in certain cases.